Sunday, December 16, 2012

TOMS aka Orphan shoes

So I was looking on the internet today and realized I know what I should buy myself for Christmas, let alone I do buy myself something once in a while just for the hell of it and I feel that everyone should get something nice for themselves once in a while just to make you feel better. 
        Or maybe this is my over-shopping feelings kicking in. 
        Anyways, I was on Journey's website about over an hour ago to look at getting a new pair of Vans or simple tennis shoe that's cheap so I could buy a couple pairs to match some outfits that I don't have shoes to match. I feel that shoes really do make the outfit. So I was looking around and came across some TOMS that were on sale, and there were my thoughts in this order.
Hey, they're on sale!
Why not click on them?
Click
Oh, these are those shoes those hipsters wear
Not even hipsters, just people
People who aren't mainstream
Why is it mainstream?
These look like shoes orphans wear
Poor orphans can't afford shoes
But these are $54?
Jesus, those are rich orphans
They probably killed their parents for money
And bought Toms
Oh that's horrible.
But they are cute.
And orphan-y.

As you can read, I probably have ADD because I think of all these weird things when in reality I should just be focusing on the shoes. But so I was looking at them, and even they do look orphan-y, they are cute and come in a lot of different colors and designs. So what do you think of them? Are they worth the price tag to look like my parents don't care about me? 

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could lengthen this by going into detail of the "one-for-one" deal. I only know about this because I have a few pairs. It would really add to the interesting-ness of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion: I think that TOMS are really cute, comfortable, and a great everyday shoe. If you get basic colors, they go with almost every outfit. They last a while, are easy to get on, and they are for a great cause because every pair you buy, TOMS will donate a pair to a child in need. I definitely do not think you will look like your parents don't care about you. :) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has their own style, I think some people buy more for such brand to make themselves feel fancy.

    ReplyDelete