Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lana Del Rey

"Cause it's nice to love and be loved, but it's better to know all that you can know."


           First of all, I just recently found out about Lana del Rey when I was on Facebook, probably creeping on someone or something, and on the side there was an ad for H&M and had this gorgeous girl on it who reminded me of someone from the 60's which is my favorite era. So I clicked on the ad and it said that the company was coming out with a line influenced by Lana del Rey and that's when I Googled her and automatically fell in love.
          There could be a whole list of things I adore about her, so I'll just make a quick list about why I, and you should, love her too.
  1. I personally think she is beautiful, which I don't think about a lot of things. Not trying to be rude, but I don't see nature as beautiful so when I see someone that I think is beautiful, that means a lot. (Just to verify I do only like men and my boyfriend is aware about my obessision with her.) But I think what makes her so pretty is because she reminds me of a Hollywood scarlett, an old fashioned, classy, celebrity before not wearing panties was the new thing, hint hint Britney and Lindasy.
  2. Her voice. I'm assuming you haven't listened to much of her music before, because a lot of people have never heard of her or let alone listened to her music. But when you listen to her songs, you can tell it's her voice and it's not auto-tuned. I can't even describe it. And I give her more credit because I've listened to her acoustic and live sets and she honestly sounds pretty close to the CDs. Just a warning, her music isn't pop, it's more like Indie/Classy.
  3. The lyrics in her songs. It's not something catchy or popular, but the words in the way she puts them together makes you think. I feel like in every one of her songs she's telling a story or a part of her life. Her lyrics aren't always the happiest, or are clean of a cuss word or too, or what society expects, but either is life and her music just reminds me of a person's life. A few examples are,
"It's you, it's you, it's all for you everything I do, I tell you all the time. Heaven is a place on earth with you."
"Now I'm lost sweet child of mine, you're divine. Didn't anyone ever tell you that it's okay to shine?"
"Because I'm a ride or die, whether you fail or fly."
"This is what makes us girls, we all look for heaven and we put our love first. Something we would die for, it's all a curse."
"I think I'll miss you forever, like the stars miss the sun in the morning skies."
 
You would have to listen to the music with the lyrics because the way and the emotion she brings out when she sings them are incredible. It feels like she's telling you a story in her words.
     5. And finally another reason I like Lana is because her interviews show that she's not into just the fame and the publicity for her music, because if that was true you would have heard of her before now, wouldn't you? She seems like a laid back girl that's just honest about her life to the point in one interview she said she used to be an alcoholic before she started writing songs. And before she was singing, she would go to thrift stores and estate sales to find old tapes of images and put them to classic music, referencing her music videos.
 
Below I left a couple videos of her so you wouldn't have to creep through YouTube. You're welcome. :) (669)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment