Thursday, January 17, 2013

People who treat their dogs like children

That's the shit I don't like.

Don't get me wrong, I love both of my dogs Chanel and Snickers, Chanel is the yorkie and Snickers is the dachshund. Yes, I buy them chew bones occasionally so they don't come into my room and chew things, and I'll even get them a new toy even though they have hundreds.
     But some people really push the limits.
    We have this neighbor that lives down the street from us and her and her husband, who are both around 50 to 60, have no children but they have a wiener dog named "Sparkie" AKA "Miss Sparkles". Not trying to sound rude but this dog has to be one of the sickest dogs I've seen, they bought her thinking that she's a mini, when in reality she's on the larger size of being "mini". So they feed her the average amount for the smaller breed, so she looks really sick because she's so thin. It also doesn't help that she's 9 or 10 years old. Or older. Who knows.
    But it's not her name that makes her spoiled. It's the fact that they treat this dog like IT IS THEIR CHILD. This dog goes on trips with them and has even been to Florida a few times. 
     I've only been to Florida once.
    This dog also has a birthday party every year that we get invited to every single year, which I always have something going on. (Not really but I don't want to go to a dogs birthday party). This dog also gets it's own sweaters and everything you can imagine, which includes a rain coat. It also pisses me off because they talk about this dog like it is a child, they talk about her daily things she's done and how she gets her teeth done. Kill me now.
   But maybe I shouldn't be so judgmental  Maybe they are both just lonely, but I honestly feel that people push it when spoiling and treating their dogs like humans. (335)

No comments:

Post a Comment