Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Denim and Denim

Denim and denim.


When I first read about the denim on denim trend in my Seventeen magazine, I thought it was a joke. While reading the article about how denim is going to be the new trend this season, I was thinking to myself, 'Seriously? I don't want to look like I came back from the 90s wearing something like this'. But I was wrong.
            I think even before I read this I always thought it looked tacky but maybe that was because I saw tacky people wearing the trend before it was even popular. It's also a hard and contersival trend. Some people hate it, like I did before, and some people love it.
            But I've complelty have changed my mind, somewhat.
            I feel like almost everyone can pull off this trend because it's not like you can go out and buy a denim shirt and match it with any jeans. So below I made a list of tips you should take into considertaion before you go out.

Below are some rules you should follow with denim
  1. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DENIM SHIRT AND DENIM JEANS DO NOT MATCH IN COLOR. You need a contrast. Do I really need to write that?
  2. Do not wear a belt with denim on denim. This trend is supposed to look like a quick put together but casual, and you don't want to tuck your shirt in and look like a semi-driver with a belt.
  3. No flashy or gawdy cowboy boots, you don't want to be a cowboy.
  4. You can either wear the denim shirt with leaving the sleeves long or you can roll them up. If your choosing to roll them up it would be cute to add a few bracelets or even a ring.
  5. Add a femine piece to your outfit to give them a girly character look, an example would be to add a gorgeous bag, pair of dangling earrings, just something to add feminism.
  6. Make sure that your shapes of each item don't match either, such as wearing a too tight of a denim button up and skinny jeans. It's either one or the other. I personally like the loose fit of a denim button up and skinny jeans.
          I really hope to see more outfits with this trend, below are the different ways you can pull this off.   (387)


1 comment: