Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I?

That's always the question that every single person has every been asked from someone or have asked your own self, whether its your teacher asking you to write a blog for your AP Lang class you chose to sign up for last year to challenge yourself, or whether you asked yourself this mentally because you did something bad like stole a candy bar. For the record, I've never stolen anything.
                                You're probably wondering what makes this blog special from another other blog about fashion, and it isn't. I'm just going to write and add pictures of the trends that I'm seeing around me, online and in magazines. Don't worry, I'm not going to write about how every single girl should go out and get a Louis Vuitton and carry a tiny dog and wear Chanel. No. I'm going to take my opinon on fashion and also add links to wear you can buy a look like for a alot cheaper.
                  Now since you're reading this wondering who is this person writing this blog for her class?
                   I can tell you all about my life story, which would be hundreds of pages and you wouldn't want to read for hours or I can give you a quick biography of me which would be easier for both of us.
                   My name is Ashley, my mom decided to name me that because she worked with someone who had a grand daughter named Ashley who always raved about her. I live in a town in Iowa which I really don't like living in, it's not horrible but there's literally nothing to do during anytime of the year, which every 17 year old teenager says about the town they live in. But it could be worse because some people live in the middle of no where in Iowa and have no internet or magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Glamour, etc.
                   I am an only child that lives with both her parents in the average white middle class neighborhoods, which isn't too far away from my high school which is convent so I don't have to rush to get ready in the morning, scratch that, me waking up at 7:10 and spending more time on what I'm wearing that day then the time I need to put makeup on, which I should make more time for that but I'm not trying to look like a model every day.
                 If all of that didn't stop you from reading to this point, that makes me feel great. So thank you. 
                 The reason I chose to blog about the trends going on in the fashion world is because I absolutely love fashion and makeup. Which isn't always a great thing because I work in retail and we get a 25% off discount, which I spend basically my entire paycheck on. But I always have thought that if you were on top of the trends and always, not always but a majority of the time, dressed nice it would make you look better. My example for this is that I've seen more people then I can count wear either ratty sweatpants or pajamas every single day in public, all year. I never understood why someone would do that, but it's really none of my concern. When I feel too lazy to put on regular pants, I prefer leggings. No zipper, no hassle. As long as I don't walk around with underwear lines all day, I'm good.
                 So I hope you enjoy reading my blog about the never ending fashion world, but if you don't, that's okay too.   (598)
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment