Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I Think Of Smoking Pot

 Before you read this post, I am not encouraging or discouraging people to try the drug marijuana.


I have heard about everything arguement in the books about marjiuana, aka pot, weed, bud. Some people want it to be legal while others want it to be illegal. I personally have my opinon on it but I don't want to influence you from you reading this. I'm friends with smokers and non-smokers alike and I've heard both views, so I want to know your view.

The points below are some of the reasons people want pot to be legal.
  • It would bring the economy up because we would be able to tax it and our economy is horrible.
  • It shouldn't be illegal because it's just a plant, and plants are eco-friendly
  • It would help our relationship with Mexico because that's where a majority of drug leaders buy it, which would help with the problem of illegal shipping
  • The police wouldn't have to patrol it as much because it would be legal so they could focus on other crimes that are more important.
  • It doesn't cause an addiction, it just makes you laugh, be happy and lose track of time.
Here are the points below of some reasons that people want pot to stay illegal.
  • Because there are alot of dangerous side effects
  • Being could drive udner the influence and possibly kill someone
  • It's not good for your body long term because to smoke you're inhaling hot smoke which burns your lungs
  • Because people don't want to see people stoned walking around causing problems and trouble for other people
  • It inhibts brain functions
Those are some of the reasons that people want it to be legal and illegal. Personally, I can see a bit on each side of their views because it could cause some dangerous side effects because you don't know how're your going to react, but then again people have been smoking this plant for years and no one has died directly from smoking. These are my thoughts though, so everyone might not agree with me. I also think that if they legalize it, that would be great so the goverment and police could focus on more important crimes, because in Colorado and Chicago if you're caught with less then a gram of weed, they can give you a ticket but you won't be arreseted and sent to jail. But on the illegal hand, if they legalize pot, when are they going to draw the lines on other drugs such as herione, meth, and cocaine? (424)

No comments:

Post a Comment